Friday 7 March 2014

Year 5 Free Verse Poems

During their unit on poetry Year 5 have been investigating, writing and performing their own poems. They all worked fantastically hard and this poem is written about water. Isn't it fantastic?
The Secret Creek
The giggles of the creek's little waterfall,
As they pour over the ledge,
It ripples and creates a bubbly white foam,
Splashing with laughter,
I often sit and watch this creek,
It's so peaceful and colourful here,
An enlightened soul I am when I leave,
And the waters as clear as can be,
Flowing free,
It winds through the rainforest,
like a transparent silky ribbon.
One day each drop will reach the mouth of the sea,
Consumed by the great blue blanket,
That glistens in the midday sun,
This creek is a fine place,
I leave with a joyful smile on my face.
By Lydia

No comments: