Wednesday 25 April 2012

Gracie's Gruffalo Story

Well done to Gracie in class 7 for winning the Dean Heritage Centre KS2 story writing competition and a big well done to all children who entered the competition!! The children had to write a short story about the Gruffalo related to the Dean Heritage Centre. Here is Gracie's winning story ....

The poor little Gruffalo

The sun was shining in the warm summer sky,
Everyone was sleeping but the bluebirds that fly,
“Oh my” screamed the frog, there aroused such a clatter,
He sprung off his lily-pad to see what was the matter.

A large thump made the ground rumble,
A miserable old boar made a massive grumble,
“What is this giant?” the mouse said as he tumbled,
“A Gruffalo I think and he loves ferret crumble!”

The ferrets gasped in horror as their house was knocked down,
A little rabbit gave a little rabbit frown,
A figure appeared with knobbly knees and toes,
A deer screamed out “This must be a GRUFFALO!”

Everyone scattered and away they hid,
Apart from the snake who away he slid,
The Gruffalo ran to the bridge end,
And screamed out “Let’s just be friends!”

The Gruffalo begged to see someone again,
But still no one would be his friend,
Then he remembered a place he would enter,
“let me think , The Dean Heritage Centre!”

He gathered his things up as he knew he should be here,
“Goodbye ferrets, rabbits, mouse and deer”,
As he stormed through the trees,
“I am leaving you forest so let that be.”

He journeyed along, day and night,
Sometimes the dark would give him a fright,
“Oh what lies those animals make,
I don’t eat ferret crumble, I prefer a pasta bake!”

Finally he arrived at the place he knew,
“I love this place, Buts what’s this Queue?”
"WE LOVE YOU GRUFFALO, YOU’RE FAMOUSE HERE”
“How was your trip to see the mouse ferrets and deer?”

The gruffalo was puzzled as children formed a crowd,
Screams of joy were very loud!
“You make us happy with the stories you’ve told”
“But nothing goes on in my life now I am old”

“I cannot stay here, I will frighten the babies!
You won’t want me here I might give you rabies!”
“Come on Gruffalo” the children pleaded,
“FINE!!!” as a place to sleep was definitely what he needed!

BY Gracie Coalway Junior class 7

3 comments:

Tania H said...

Lovely poem Gracie...you are very talented!

chloe class 7 said...

Well done Grace, a very well written poem! no wonder you won!!!!
chloe class 7

Anonymous said...

Knowing Gracie's talent, she just needs to write a tune for this amazing poem and then she could sing it! Well done I'm impressed.