Monday 28 September 2009

Victorians
Year 5 recently had a visualisation session in the hall where they prentended they were child labourers in Victorian times working down a mine. They had to crawl through a small mine (a covered table) and could even smell the flame of a candle! They worked extremely sensibly and it created some amazing writing.
Here is Jack's from class 6 (Miss Frowen wishes she could write like this!!)


I sigh as I walk into a field of rain knowing I have to go to the mine to work. I see the huge black hole waiting for me to step in and I won’t be coming out for another 12 hours. I step inside and finally I’m out of the rain but this is worse than the rain. I start to open the doors but I have to dodge the cart which was coming at me as fast as a cheetah. My arms and legs went numb as I looked at a spider creep up a wall. I was as angry as a bull in a cage because the exit was just there but I wouldn’t be out for a while.
By Jack

4 comments:

Mrs Dixon said...

What a cracking piece of writing! Keep it up!

JARRED.F said...

GREAT WORK

Rhys W said...

That Deserves 9 merits

Emily.H said...

Great work.
Some house points are coming!!